Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Can the Far Left Co-exist with Moderate Democrats?

I think "moderate" democrats push the far left off to the green party and other sideshows. The democratic party can either try to include the far left and the left, or the left and moderates, but not all three. This problem is the issue that is keeping the democrats in the minority.

I think the main difference between parties is that the republicans coopted the one or two issues (like abortion and gay marriage) that the far right cares about into its platform, while the republican moderates recognize that nothing can really be done about those issues (because it would require amendments), so they ignore that part of the show. The far left and moderate democrats, on the other hand, differ on policy issues that can be changed, such as whether we go to war, taxation, etc.

If I was part of the far left, I would group moderate democrats with republicans, because they agree with each other and differ with the far left on primary issues. I would feel that the democratic party was not the party that would represent my issues. It makes perfect sense that if the support I give a party will not make my political wishes happen, I won't give that party support. The Far left is in that position with democrats.

2 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a post from one of your fellow bloggers on just this subject.

http://theyellowline.blogspot.com/2005/04/no-place-for-moderates-in-democratic.html

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Jrudkis said...

I wrote this in response to an article about the same Kos statement. There seems to be a lot of cannibalism on the left.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links
The Antagonist's Reserve Drill Payment Calculator
 
 The Antagonist's 2005 Reserve Drill Payment Calculator

What is your pay grade?


What is your minimum Time in Service?

Enter the number of drill periods.

 Bible Search
Translation :



Search For :
Powered by : Antagonism on the Web
I'm poor.
It's official.
There are 39,597,565 richer people on earth!



How rich are you? >>